The community association is a registered charity formed to manage the Poyle Road Recreation Ground in partnership with the Parish Council and other interested parties for the benefit of the community. The Recreation Ground facilities include a new community centre that offers the following accommodation, available for hire:
- Disabled access via ramp.
- There is a large main hall available for hire which has a maximum capacity of 150 persons at any one time.
- In addition there is a lounge bar, also available for hire, which seats approx 50 persons and the sliding doors between both rooms fully open to make this the perfect venue for Weddings and Parties.
- Both have fully licensed bar facilitity.
- Separate ladies' and gents' toilets and in addition a disabled toilet with baby changing facilities.
- We have a large kitchen which is available for use which includes range cooker, industrial microwave, American larder fridge, two sinks, serving hatch to main hall and plenty of work space for catering staff.
- Full Central Heating to main hall and lounge bar.
The recreation ground sports facilities include the following:
- 3 football pitches of varying sizes to cater for minis, juniors and senior football
- a cricket pitch with an all weather strip
- 4 team changing rooms and 2 officials changing rooms
- a multi- sports area
- 2 tennis courts
We also have a play park situated to the rear of the building. On site we are lucky to have parking for approx 60 cars and a recycling centre for glass, cardboard and tin cans. The clubhouse is open on matchdays and all spectators are welcome to use its facilities.
Please see Cricket and Football Team information for details of home games and times.